Title: Pump Builder
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $24.00 – $30.00 per hour
Do you have experience working on high performance engines but want something more consistent with no travel, and with more time home with your family? Davis Tool and Machine is looking for skilled engine builders to work on building and remanufacturing custom pumps for candy, supplements, and pharmaceutical manufacturing. Instead of 6 or 8 cylinders our pumps have 600-1200 pistons working every second!
- Solid understanding of basic and advanced machining principles (machining, turning, boring, honing, polishing, etc.)
- Ability to work with machine tools (lathes, mills, grinders etc.) Experience with Hurco CNC Controls is a plus.
- Skilled at manual machine tools including mills, lathes, surface grinders, and honing machines.
- Ability to understand tolerances.
- Creativity and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with quality control procedures and tools (tapping, deburring etc.)
- Good attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to analyze and comprehend custom machining, custom fitting, and assembly.
- Proficient in inspecting, measuring, reading, and understanding critical pump dynamic specifications.
- Remanufacture and build new pumps to customer supplied specifications.
- Perform quality control procedures on parts machined by machine tools.
- Troubleshoot machine malfunctions and machine malfeasant conditions.
- Perform machine maintenance tasks such as cleaning, adjusting, replacing parts, etc. as required to ensure that the finished product meets specifications.
- Must be able to follow directions initially with an expectation to work semi-independently once experienced. Must work well with others. Must be organized and driven.
- Will be expected to work in conjunction with other employees and departments to finish jobs as needed for proper flow and to meet our customer’s demands.